Monday, May 11, 2009

Two days on Lightroom; Everything needs a screen protector




(Although irrelevant, I can't resist saying that I GOT MY FIRST SCRATCH ON MY SCREEN!!! though in fact it's a micro dent, it sits right in the middle of my screen, and I can see it NOW. BTW, finger nail did it. Fragile screen. Damn it.)

(Adobe Lr) High school class photo collection project

For high school graduation celebration, my school requires each class to pick and hand in 20-30 class photos. No idea what they will do with that. Anyways, I got to do this selection work, and there's only two days left, and I still have to work on a fingerboard graphic design. I was bound to have a crammed weekend.

From prior investigation on the web and my experience of using Aperture, I felt that Lr is the one suited for me. I never had a chance to learn it though I have Lr 2.3 installed on my Macbook and Lr 2 Essential Training movies downloaded on an external drive some weeks ago.

(Great! Had a hard time finding that screen blemish which turns out to be not so noticeable)

OK, crammed at least 20 chapters of essential training into my brain in one and a half day. But I didn't fell overwhelming at all and quickly applied the knowledge to the 700+ photos at hand. It was really fun though a little exhausting because Lr is such an elegant and powerful tool. The local adjustment brush is just fantastic! that's why Lightroom's called Photoshop Lightroom.

In the end I picked 27 photos and adjusted them. I exported them using two color spaces. Today I went to school and showed the photos to Ensy, who provided most of the photos to me. He swapped two of the picked photos for another two. I quickly adjusted the two and found myself caught in the middle of English class. What happened in the class is another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment